Popular Posts

Monday, January 17, 2011

Earn your Carbs

I had a great weekend. My cold did not totally ruin my weekend! I went to the Everyglades with my son and husband and hiked. It was beautiful.

Today I start my new goal which is "Earn your Carbs". I have done this before my pregnancy when I was doing Fitness competitions and I was very successful with this program.

My day will consist of Lean protiens, veggies, yogurt, and fuitts. In order to earn my carbs such as wheat bread, brown rice, oatmeal, and pasta I will need to have an intense workout. So after I finish my workout I can consume my carb. You only have a one hour window period to do this after your workout.

Here is an article to better explain:

http://www.wellsphere.com/exercise-article/you-have-to-earn-your-carbs-to-lose-weight-and-burn-fat/351578         Below is my diet, I will update as I consume my meals!

My Diet:

Meal One: 6 Egg white and one Yolk with onions and green peppers., 1/2 cup of grapes, cup of skim milk
Meal Two: Protein Shake
Meal Three: Perdue Chicken Cuts, 2 cups of Spinach with Olive Oil and Vinegar, Low Fat Cheese Stick
Meal four: Yogirt
Meal Five: Tuna Salad with almonds

Workout:
20 minutes of Interval Sprinting
Back and Shoulders

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your "earn your carbs" goal. That sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concept of earning calories, carbs or not. I have to remember, at my age and weight, if I don't balance my calorie intake with equal amounts of exercise, I'm going to gain. "Earn your Carbs" is something I could get my head around! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you start let me know if you need help or tips. I am sure you know the more you workout the more calories you need to consume. Going on a rigorous exercise plan with only 1000 calories will make you tired, more hungry and your insulin levels will go crazy, and you will not lose an inch of fat. With this eating plan you are consuming "good" calories and you are allowed your bread or pasta but ONLY after a great workout. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete